Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Dear Long Lovely Locks...you suck!!!!

Okay, I didn't want to post this on Nappturality out of respect for Momma Dee and her site, but I'm seriously about to spew.

So I ordered some of the Long Lovely Locks products from a third party vendor, cause word on the street is that Kechi has some serious sucky customer service. But when I got an email today about the prices of her products going up, I was like wait, you can't be serious!

So I went to the site to inspectigate, and lo and behold this chick surely has gone up on the prices! And not $5 or so, but the curly custard which is 11 ounces and $20 has gone up to a whopping $43! Chick you must be crazy!!! For some emulsified oil and shea butter, heffa PUHLEASE!!!!!!!! I can go down the Muslims in Brooklyn and buy my own calabash of shea butter and get a gang of oils and scents while I'm there! AND buy my own damn emulsifying wax from a friend for less than $5!!! And then don't get me started on the itty bitty 5 ounce bottles of aloe vera and oil concoction. Bad enough it was $12, but now it's like $20 or $23, something like that. Riiiiiight.

So, I'm going to try my little stash of stuff. If I do like it that much, oh well, cause I sure as hell refuse to buy stuff from that site, cause, to reiterate, I heard you get your money taken and no product delivered.

Thank goodness for STELLER customer service from Qhemet Biologics, Oyin Handmade and Anita Grant.

4 comments:

Ivy said...

I know. Shea butter is expensive in most healthfood/beauty shops. Lucky for me I'm going to Ghana in the fall for study abroad. I will buy it by the kilo take it back to atlanta and wholesale it. or make my own hair products for struggling naturals on campus.

ps-I'm on NP and asked u about the blogging. my blog is called "The Bitter End"

Unknown said...

Long Lovely Locks has lost her mind. I am getting to the point now I am making my own stuff. So far so good. I found great places to get my stuff so I saving money while having great natural hair LOL

kasey1love said...

you are hell-arious!!

candigal said...

I think she went out of business. The Website has been down for over a year. I did order a few things a few years ago.