Monday, March 31, 2008

Signs that you might be a PJ (product junkie for the newbies)

Dammit, I know I'm not the only one. Here are just a few signs:

You have no fewer than 2 boxes at a time littering your room from stuff you've ordered online or from a swap/sell on a hair site.

You've ever swapped or bought hair goodies from another nappy and it came in a box where you can still see the qhemet/oyin/naturally curly label.

You send stuff to other nappies in boxes that you've received from qhemet/oyin/naturally curly.

You just CAN'T resist the sale (insert name here) is having although you already have 3 of their (insert product here)

You clear out a space on your shoe rack that your fiance built for you for SHOES. And it's stacked precariously with hair stuff, and heaven forbid anyone else but you touches it, everything will come tumbling down like humpty dumpty.

Payday isn't here yet, and you start rationalizing about what you can hold off paying for so you can get that "hit" of oyin/qhemet/karen's.

You've ever had packages delivered to your job so mom/spouse doesn't get it at home and go "MORE HAIR STUFF?!?!"

You beg a friend to bring your Anita Grant with her when she leaves London to come to NY. Because you don't have to pay extra shipping charges, you use the money you would have spent to get more goodies.

You sign up to almost every hair board you can think of to read product reviews from others.

You don't like to throw away empty containers once you've finished something, even though you have two more full containers of product stashed somewhere.

You stalk/add contents to your cart and save for future purchases/ on websites even though you know good and well you aren't planning on ordering anything anytime soon cause well, you have a ton of their stuff in your house already.

Someone can blindfold you, spin you around, push you south and push an open container of product under your nose and you can catch a whiff and know what you are smelling in 5 seconds or less.

The owners of the products are beginning to know you by name.

You threaten anyone who tries to borrow/steal from your hair stash.

You try to show your fiance a picture of your hair in your fotki, and he cruises over to the hair portion that you've been hiding from him and he sees it, let's out a string of words you can't repeat, keeps saying "OMG!!!!" over and over again, and threatens to sue for loss of income lolol. True story!!!!

Certain nappies on nappturality AND fotki talk about you, and call you a "pusher" (Yes, Afroknots, Redecouverte, Mikosbelle, Micheli07 and Jas.1984 I'M TALKING ABOUT YALL!!!!)

Added 4/4/08 ~ IF YOU FELL FOR THE BEST EVER APRIL FOOLS DAY JOKE, BROUGHT TO YOU BY NONE OTHER THAN THE EMPRESSRI!!!!

http://www.nappturality.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=115982&st=0

7 comments:

Amina said...

lol! My name is Amina a.k.a Redecouverte and I am a product junkie!! Girl,you know i need to stock in case of an emergency!! I also need to be in different hair boards to make sure i am reading a variety of reviews before making my mind...love love the post!!

The Write Girl said...

lol Ri I love you.lmao, you're my kinda crazy...I'm not a product junkie, but i can so see myself getting there...sorry though there will have to be another shelf built cause my shoes ain't moving out for nobody or nuthin!! :-)

Anonymous said...

aw Ri so you know I had to make a blog just so that I could comment on yours lol (I know, I'm sick & twisted) anyway though, I think at one point I was becoming a PJ... I had to stop myself before i got out of control though, it was terrible! But now instead I've become hooked on finding recipes for making anything hair/skin/whatever all natural. Lol it's really crazy but I'm ready to play! haha... let me get off of your comment box and go post on my own blog

-afrodisiak :)

Twinkle Twinkle said...

HI Empress! It's Jess Tresses from NP. Glad to see you're on blogspot. How did I miss your blog?

Amina said...

hello Empresri. You've been tagged for a game..

KnottyAuthor said...

i am/was a pj....i'm in recovery.read my most recent post.

The African American Book Review said...

Product Junkie..YES, Yes, Yes, I am not alone!
I love new products as much as I love fashion, also love hair care. Purchased fashion mags for years trying to find the latest hair products, tried them twice, thinking I might have done somethig wrong the first time, have a bathroom full of them and still I WANT MORE!
Love the scents of some, but will trade fragrance for perfection anyday!
Oh yes, your hair is fabulous and I'm just wondering when a product isn't going to ask you to become a spokesperson, or do you get them for free?